How to use SSH
SSH stands for Secure Shell. It is a network protocol that allows for access to devices via the command line.
This can be done on a number of operating systems:
- Download Putty (link)
- Install the exe
- Connect to your server via ip address
- Type in your username and password
- Port 22 is the standard TCP/IP port (this can be changed for advance d users)
- Click "Connect"
- macOS & Linux
- For both operating systems you can open the program called "Terminal"
- Type ssh firstname.lastname@example.org and click enter
- Type your password and hit enter. You might be asked to save a fingerprint, type "yes" and hit enter